The Store Manager is responsible for day to day store operations, including scheduling, training, and supervising employees and assistant manager. The store manager is responsible for the store profits, and all controllable expenses including labor, inventory levels, and cash and inventory shortages. The store manager is responsible for building and increasing sales.
• Assist in the recruiting of, recommend for hire, and train, positive individuals to become members of the team, ensuring excellent customer service
• Motivate, encourage, and challenge store cashiers.
• Promote and resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner.
• Implement and enforce established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well kept. • Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly, and displayed in a safe manner.
• Maintain quality brand image standards as pass evaluations.
• Supervise, and discipline all store employees (and assistant manager) according to company policy.
• Monitor daily retail gasoline competitors and sending the prices to the corporate office in a timely manner as established by management.
• Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by management.
• Monitor cash over/short, inventory shrinkage, and drive offs daily.
• Conduct Store meetings as needed with employees.
• Have the physical ability to perform all duties of a store cashier regularly.
• Understand all information in the daily reporting of store operations.
• Follow and enforce all company policies and established procedures.
• Implement Monthly promotions, insure all POS advertising/signage is properly posted at the proper time.
• Communicate and perform all price change request, mark downs / ups .
• Communicate any problems with merchandise pricing to the Price Book Administrator.
• Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures.
• Enforce all Safety and Security Issues and report any and all unsafe conditions.
• Conduct regular safety and Security Meeting and document with employees attending signatures.
• Report and process all employee and/ or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) recommended.
Previous retail supervisory experience preferred, but other types of supervisory / management experience may be considered.